Cycling in The Samas Beach, Yogyakarta

That morning, it was quite a struggle to penetrate the thick traffic in Yogyakarta city, but two hours later we finally entered Tehe Samas Beach gateway. It was almost half past nine when we arrived at the Samas Beach. I looked around and smiled. Cool, I thought. I've just found a new place to escape all those mad, frantic deadline.

Quite and peaceful, it is a world away from Yogyakarta's notoriously commercialized, ultra-touristy beach areas that have become flooded with souvenir-hawkers and vendors selling everything under the sun. No, that hectic madness doesn't exist here. I stood for a moment, breathing in the stillness of the surroundings, as my eyes admired the beautiful gently sloping rice terraces that come right down to the back of the beach.

I come back to the spot where my cycle parking. I began to cycling along the sweeping, dark sand of the beach. The sun was on the top. My head feel hot. The samas beach is not really suitable for swimming due to the currents and lack of emergency services. Like many beaches on the south coast of Java. On my journey, i met a handful of other visitors as well as locals who smiled we;comingly at us. During the rail ride, i were spoiled by the gorgeous sparkling beach, wonderful tropical coastline and rural panorama. Looking into the distance, Merapi and Merbabu Mountain could be seen.

I like the singing of waves under the hot Yogyakarta sun. The time for lunch. I find a food stall which enjoyable place, low price, and delicious food. I chat with food stall seller. Her name is mrs Mira. She offers some food for me like gorengan, tempe goreng and etc. I want a cold orange drink. I took tempe goreng and eat them.

The time is three precise. I am ready to back home. For to return to my home, it will take two hours. So, I arrive in my home more or less at five a clock. The sun was ready to disappear below the horizon, leaving streaks of bright red and orange in the sky. It was not easy to stop gazing at such beauty.

A romantic cycling ride on the coastline is not the only fun leisure activity found here. There is also trekking and bird tour.