White-Headed Munia (Lonchura maja)

White-Headed Munia (Lonchura maja)
Indonesian- Bondol Haji, Emprit Khaji
It’s easy to watch this birds in any region this country. Until up to 1500 m you can see this bird. When I saw this bird in Krapyak Wetan it make surprisingly for me, because this bird slightly have economic value. I ever had seen this bird had been sold in birds market (Ngasem, Jogjakarta). And sometime I saw somebody hunt this bird in around my live.

In my opinian this birds is beautifull and have attractive colour. So don’t miss it although it’s easy to find it in anywhere.

Birdwatching tips in Jogjakarta Tropical Rainforest
Not all rain forests are full of birds-the nutrient-poor forest on limestone and ultrabasic soils that cover large areas of thousand mountain Gunungkidul Jogjakarta hold relatively few species. Lowland forests on sedimentary soils or hill forests on rich, volcanic soils support the highest bird densities-and therefore the best birdwatching. Sub montane forest, at around 1,000 m, can be especially species-rich, like kaliurang resort, plawangan turgo hill, as here there is an overlap between lowland and montane species.
So, lets to birdwatching!